The program is open to undergraduate students attending Berklee College of Music, Boston Conservatory at Berklee (music students), and Berklee Online (degree students) as well as students from select partner schools, including Emerson College, Tecnológico de Monterrey, and the College of Music at Universidad San Francisco de Quito.
To be eligible for study abroad, all students must:
- meet Berklee's Satisfactory Academic Progress standards (or similar standards at their home school)*;
- be in good disciplinary standing as outlined by Berklee's Equity Policy and Process and Student Code of Community Standards (or similar standards at their home school)*;
- be at least 18 years old by the program start date;
- have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the program end date**; and
- maintain full-time enrollment while abroad.
Berklee College of Music students must complete Ear Training 2 (ET-112), Harmony 2 (HR-112), Introduction to College Writing (LENG-111), and Introduction to Music Technology (MTEC-111), if applicable to your program, before going abroad.
Boston Conservatory at Berklee students must meet the Conservatory's study abroad requirements.
Berklee Online students must meet Berklee Online's study abroad requirements.
All other students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and meet the above-listed requirements as well as the study abroad requirements of their home school.
*Admission to the program may be revoked if a student becomes ineligible due to academic or disciplinary standing before the start of the program. Students in this situation will be responsible for any non-refundable fees related to the program.
** All students must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after their program end date. It is recommended to have a passport at least four months before the program begins in order to apply for a visa to study in Spain. Read more about passports and visas.