Berklee Study Abroad: Tuition, Fees, and Funding

Tuition and Related Costs

Required and optional charges are billed directly to you on your tuition statement. Indirect costs are an estimate of associated travel and living costs, and vary depending on each student's individual situation and preferences.

The following charges are per semester and correspond to the 2019-2020 academic year.

Required Charges

Tuition (Berklee College of Music students)
Tuition is the same as Berklee College of Music's Boston campus. Students from other schools should check with their institution to determine this cost.
$22,180 (degree)
$19,110 (diploma)
Comprehensive Fee (Berklee College of Music students)
Fee is the same as Berklee College of Music's Boston campus. Students from other schools should check with their institution to determine this cost.
Primary Health Insurance (Berklee College of Music students)
Fee is the same as Berklee College of Music's Boston campus. Students from other schools should check with their institution to determine this cost. See Health and Travel Insurance for more information.
See the cost for Berklee College of Music's student health insurance plan.
Study Abroad Program Fee (All students)
Fee includes Spanish health insurance, cultural activities, and additional student services.
Housing (All students)
Fee includes housing from the first day of student move-in to the last day of student move-out, as indicated on the academic calendar. Students planning to arrive before or stay after those dates must make arrangements directly with the residence hall to stay the extra nights and pay the additional fee. Similarly, students studying abroad for an academic year who wish to stay in housing (or leave their belongings there) during winter break must make arrangements with the residence hall to pay for the extra nights. Fee does not include a meal plan. See housing details.
$3,280 (double at Galileo)
$4,460 (single at Galileo)
$5,535 (studio at Collegiate)

Optional Charges

Granada Trip (All students)
See trip details.

Indirect Costs

Fee varies by type of service requested and passport country.
Student Visa
Fee varies by student's passport country.
*European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland
Round-Trip Airfare to Valencia
Estimated airfare to and from Boston
Estimated cost (same as Boston).
The lower cost range is if you mostly buy food at the supermarket and cook at the residence. The higher range is if you mostly eat at inexpensive cafeterias, sandwich shops, and cafes. Many students do both and spend somewhere in the middle of the range. Meal plans are available for purchase (at the Galileo residence only), however most students don't purchase one. See housing details.
Local Transportation
Cost is estimated based on public bike rental, bus, and metro.
Personal Expenses
Personal items, shopping, entertainment, etc.

*The student visa fee varies for Canadian citizens. Contact the Study Abroad Office for information. Citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland do not need a visa to study in Spain.

Tuition Insurance

Berklee students may purchase a customizable tuition insurance policy, which provides reimbursement of all insured tuition, room and board, and some fees. Coverage includes withdrawal due to illness, injury, mental health issues and other reasons. Visit the Tuition Insurance page to learn more.

Program Deposit

Once accepted to the program, students are encouraged to confirm their place as soon as possible. There is limited space in the program, and once full capacity is reached, students that wish to confirm their place will be added to a waiting list.

Berklee Students: A $500 program deposit is required to confirm your place in the program. Your deposit will be deducted from your bill for your semester abroad. The deposit is non-refundable. If you withdraw from the program, or if your admission to the program is revoked (see Eligibility), you will lose your deposit.

Berklee Students: Pay Your Deposit Here

Should the timing of your study abroad plans change after you pay the deposit, you may submit a written request to defer your application and transfer your program deposit to a different semester. Your request must be received before the application deadline for your original semester of admission. After the application deadline for your original semester of admission, your deposit cannot be transferred. Your deposit may only be transferred once.

Non-Berklee Students: You will receive information from your home school about paying a deposit (if required) and confirming your place in the program. Do not use the link above to pay the deposit unless instructed to do so.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Berklee Financial Aid and Scholarships

Berklee financial aid and scholarships (except work-study) apply towards study abroad in Valencia. Upon being accepted to the program, it is recommended that students contact Student Financial Services to meet with their financial aid counselor and review their award package.

Gilman Scholarship

The Gilman Scholarship Program provides study abroad awards for U.S. citizen undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding. Scholarship deadlines are typically in early March for the fall semester and in early October for the spring semester. Award amounts vary depending on the length of study and student need. Visit the Gilman Scholarship website for more information and to apply.

Fund for Education Abroad (FEA)

The Fund for Education Abroad offers a variety scholarships to students who, in addition to meeting general eligibility requirements, also meet select demographic, regional, or semester criteria. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Read the information on the applicant page to see more information about these scholarships.

Resident Activities Coordinator

This position is available to Berklee College of Music students that have confirmed their place in the study abroad program. Students will receive information about how to apply several months before their program begins.

The Resident activities coordinator (RAC) serves as a liaison between students, residence hall staff, and the student affairs team in Valencia. RACs are responsible for building community at the residence hall, helping students make connections with each other, and acting as a resource for students with questions or concerns.

The RAC position is approximately 20 hours per week.


  • RACs receive a 55 percent discount on a single room or an 85 percent discount on a double room at the Galileo Galilei residence hall. RACs are required to live at Galileo.(The position is not available at the Collegiate residence hall.)
  • The Granada trip fee is waived. RACs are required to attend the Granada trip.


  • RACs are required to arrive in Valencia one week before Orientation begins.
  • Attend weekly staff meetings with residence hall and student affairs staff
  • Assist the student affairs staff in coordinating and leading the Granada trip
  • Get to know all study abroad students at the residence hall by name
  • Help as needed with roommate conflicts, academic concerns, adjustment problems, and any day-to-day student life questions, not necessarily to solve all issues but to refer students to the appropriate person when needed
  • Design and develop programs and activities that help introduce students to the residence hall, Berklee campus, and community in Valencia

Required/Preferred Skills:

  • Previous leadership role at Berklee (resident advisor, peer advisor, ambassador, student club leader, etc.) preferred
  • Must be in good standing (academic, disciplinary, financial) at the college
  • Must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
  • Must abide by all Valencia rules and regulations
  • Fluency in Spanish and English preferred