How to Apply
When to Apply
Students are encouraged to apply one year in advance. For many students, that means applying during your first or second semester. There is limited space each semester and it's possible that the program may reach maximum capacity before the application deadline. Once the program reaches maximum capacity, students may join a waiting list.
Spring 2019: Application is closed.
Fall 2019: Application deadline is March 15, 2019
Spring 2020: Application deadline is June 1, 2019
The program is open to undergraduate students attending Berklee College of Music, Boston Conservatory at Berklee (instrumental music students), and Berklee Online (degree students) as well as students from select partner schools, including Emerson College, Tecnológico de Monterrey, and Universidad San Francisco de Quito College of Music.
To be eligible for study abroad, students must:
- be in good academic standing (meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards) at their institution at the time of application and remain in good standing each semester leading up to the program*;
- be in good disciplinary standing at their institution at the time of application and remain in good standing each semester leading up to the program*;
- be at least 18 years old by the program start date;
- have completed at least two semesters by the program start date; and
- maintain full-time enrollment while abroad.
Berklee College of Music students should complete ET-112, HR-112, LENG-111 (if applicable to your program and major), and MTEC-111 before going abroad.
Non-Berklee College of Music students must also meet the study abroad eligibility requirements of their home institution.
*Admission to the program may be revoked if a student becomes ineligible due to academic or disciplinary standing before the start of the program. Students in this situation will be responsible for any non-refundable fees related to the program.
Decision notifications begin in January for the following fall and spring semesters. Students will receive a decision by email. Some applicants may be contacted for an in-person interview.
Come to an info session to learn more about Berklee Study Abroad. We'll share details about the Valencia campus, housing, classes, student activities, and more.
Info Sessions are held on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters.
Sign Up to Attend an Information Session