How to Apply
When to Apply
Students are encouraged to apply one year in advance of going abroad. For many students, that means applying during your first or second semester.
There is limited space each semester, so apply early! Once the program reaches capacity, students may join a waiting list.
Fall 2018: Application deadline is April 1, 2018
We are no longer accepting applications for fall 2018.
Spring 2019: Application deadline is June 1, 2018
We have a waiting list for spring 2019. In mid-September 2018 we will provide an update and issue the next round of decisions if space remains available.
The program is open to undergraduate degree-seeking students attending Berklee or select partner schools, including Emerson College, Tecnológico de Monterrey, and Universidad San Francisco de Quito College of Music.
To be eligible for study abroad, students must:
- be in good academic standing (meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards) at their institution at the time of application and remain in good standing each semester leading up to the program*;
- be in good disciplinary standing at their institution at the time of application and remain in good standing each semester leading up to the program*;
- be at least 18 years old by the program start date;
- have completed at least two semesters by the program start date; and
- maintain full-time enrollment while abroad.
Berklee College of Music students should complete ET-112, HR-112, LENG-111 (if applicable to your program and major), and MTEC-111 before going abroad.
Non-Berklee College of Music students must also meet the study abroad eligibility requirements of their home institution.
*Admission to the program may be revoked if a student becomes ineligible due to academic or disciplinary standing before the start of the program. Students in this situation will be responsible for any non-refundable fees related to the program.
Decision notifications begin in January for the following fall and spring semesters. Students will receive a decision by email. Some applicants may be contacted for an in-person interview.
Come to an info session to learn more about Berklee Study Abroad. We'll share details about the Valencia campus, housing, classes, student activities, and more.
Info Sessions are held on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters.
Sign Up to Attend an Information Session