Leading with Ethics in the Creative Industries
The music industry is not alone in facing the social challenges of our time. Music industry leaders and leaders from the creative industries overall should be ready to address prejudice and structural injustices, and the questions facing any leader today while they also have to design and implement a growth mindset that delivers a virtuous circle of productivity and commitment to the organization.
If done correctly, ethical leadership creates a diverse, innovative, and inclusive organizational culture that inspires change, growth, and productivity. The music industry faces additional challenges due to the existence of unorthodox working environments and practices.
In this session, we will address questions as to how these approaches can extend to creative environments and stakeholders, beyond the traditional obligations on both sides of the employer/employee construct, such as artists or contractors, and how they further challenge approaches to success. All of these topics will be addressed in addition to the classic leadership dilemmas of formulating and executing commercial strategies for success and hitting key performance indicators. We will also take a close look at the case of Spotify for artists.
You will learn how to:
- develop a vision for how to articulate the purpose of a business or team;
- improve team structures with regard to how reporting lines and internal communications strategies impact culture and commitment;
- understand the growth mindset that comes from ethical leadership and its impact on the organization and people;
- learn how human-centred leadership is the key to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and how it fosters a positive and healthy culture of inclusivity; and
- discover the practical tools for taking leadership in action to reinforce culture and show that leaders walk the walk rather than just talk the talk.
This webinar is recommended for managers in a creative industry, industry professionals and artists, and students preparing to be tomorrow’s industry leaders. No prior knowledge is required.