Valencia Film Orchestra – Solidarity Concert
Presented by: Valencia Film Orchestra Where: Palau de la Música, Paseo de la Alameda, 30, 46023 Valencia When: Friday December 8, 11.30 a.m. (local time) Event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1748802111819025/ How to Attend: Tickets be purchased at entradas.com for only 10 euros.
The Valencia Film Orchestra, a group of volunteer musicians from up to 15 different countries, organizes the third edition of Cine para Escuchar (Cinema for Listening), a concert covering soundtracks for the benefit of the Valencian Foundation for Neurorehabilitation (FUVANE) which will be held next Friday, December 8 at 11:30 am at Palau de la Música.
The Valencia Film Orchestra, a group of volunteer musicians from up to 15 different countries, organizes the third edition of Cine para Escuchar (Cinema for Listening), a concert covering soundtracks for the benefit of the Valencian Foundation for Neurorehabilitation (FUVANE) which will be held next Friday, December 8 at 11:30 am at Palau de la Música. FUVANE carries out a method of neuronal rehabilitation aimed at children and adolescents with cerebral palsy and related pathologies.
The orchestra is composed of 21 students of the Berklee’s campus in Valencia and 43 professional musicians from the Alboraya Musical Society, the Polytechnic University of Valencia and the Music Conservatory, and, for the first time, Berklee Valencia choir “Berklee Valencia Singers” will also take part in this initiative.
The repertoire will be divided into two parts. The first one will cover, as on previous occasions, emblematic soundtracks from the film world of composers such as John Williams, Alan Menken, Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman. The second part will be dedicated to carols, from the most tradicional ones such as Jingle Bells to modern ones such as Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is you.
- A Disneyland Celebration – Arr. Michael Brown
- Beauty And The Beast – By Alan Menken Arr. Marc Garetto
- The Lion King- By Elton John and Hans Zimmer Arr. Parson
- Nightmare before Christmas By Danny Elfman Arr. Michael Brown
- How To Train Your Dragon By John Powell Arr. Sean O’Loughlin
- Star Wars: The Force Awaken Suite By John Williams
- Jungle Bells – Traditional
- Away Is A Manger - Traditional
- Deck The Halls - Traditional
- Here We Come a Caroling - Traditional
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas By Albert Hague Arr. Jerry Brubaker
- O Holy Night By Adolphe Adam Arr. Calvin Custer
- All I Want For Christmas Is You By Mariah Carey & Walter Afanasieff
- Frozen By Kristen Anderson Lopez & Robert Lopez Arr. Bob Krogstad
- The Polar Express By Alan Silvestri Arr. Jerry Brubaker
This event has not been organized by Berklee, and Berklee has no direct connection with it. Participation by a Berklee student, faculty, or staff member in this event is independent of Berklee. The promotion of this event on the website of Berklee’s campus in Valencia, Spain, or any other website or platform does not indicate an endorsement or recommendation from Berklee. Berklee is not responsible at all for the information available on this section in our website nor for the organization, safety, cancellation, or any other aspect related to this event.