TEDxBerkleeValencia “Changing Currents”
Presented by: TEDxBerkleeValencia Where: Mar Rojo Auditorium , Oceanogràfic, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, Valencia, Spain. When: Saturday April 25, 15:00 to 19:30 (local time) Event link: tedxberkleevalencia.com How to Attend: Paid event. Buy tickets here.
In the spirit of innovation and community, the theme for TEDxBerkleeValencia 2015, Changing Currents, speaks to several notions of change: paradigm shifts; movement, both physical and societal; and new tendencies across multiple disciplines.
Guest speakers at TEDxBerkleeValencia 2015, include:
- Ashley Graham (Internationally-recognized American plus-sized model and body activist)
- Neil Harbisson (British-born contemporary artist and cyborg activist, renowned for his “eyeborg” device which renders colour into audible frequencies, overcoming his colour-blindness)
- Karen Korellis Reuther (American Creative Director and Brand Psychologist; Creative Contributor, Pantone; and former Global Creative Director, Nike)
- Koen Suidgeest (Dutch Director, writer, producer and cinematographer - recently acclaimed for the award-winning Karla’s Arrival - broadcast in 14 countries and competing in 40 festivals)
- Damian Draghici (Senator in the Romanian Parliament and advisor to the Prime Minister on Roma issues)
- Shain Shapiro (Canadian-born Founder and Managing Director of Sound Diplomacy)
- Alán Hensley (Mexican-born graduate student, master’s program in Global Entertainment and Music Business, Berklee College of Music, Valencia campus)
- Liz Teutsch (Assistant Director of Academic Technology and Associate Professor of the master’s program in Music Production, Technology and Innovation, Berklee College of Music, Valencia campus)
- McKenna Smith (American-born graduate student, master’s program in Scoring for Film, Television and Video Games, Berklee College of Music, Valencia campus)
- Kathleen Howland (Speech Language Pathologist and Professor Music Therapy, Berklee College of Music)
Berklee College of Music has long distinguished itself as an educational institution on the vanguard of innovation with regards to music studies as well as to culture and society in their broadest sense. Berklee Valencia has become a focal point in Valencia, Spain, bringing students and faculty from the far corners of the planet to immerse themselves in the local culture and learn from each other. At the same time, the center makes its mark as a dynamic, interactive institution that participates in changing Valencia’s place in the world. Organizing TEDxBerkleeValencia is an example of this commitment to exchange and contribute talent and energy to Spain and beyond.
Tickets for the event are available here and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of early-bird tickets are available at the discounted price of 20 Euros until April 1 and will increase to 25 Euros.
Our tickets can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tedxberkleevalencia-changing-currents-2015-tickets-15834546555
The event will be streamed live here.
Doors will open at 13:30. Please be sure to arrive well before the start of the show (15:00) to check in.