Berklee College of Music announces speakers for second edition of TEDxBerkleeValencia at Oceanogràfic in Valencia’s City of Arts and Sciences
Berklee College of Music, the world’s leading college of contemporary music, announces the speakers for its second TEDx event, TEDxBerkleeValencia, taking place on Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 3:00pm, at the Mar Rojo Auditorium at the Oceanogràfic in Valencia’s City of Arts and Sciences.
Themed Changing Currents, the conference welcomes leading international innovators, entrepreneurs, creative business people, and artists from diverse countries representing music, fashion and design, the environment, technology and religion. Discussions will address several notions of change - paradigm shifts; movement, both physical and societal; and new tendencies across multiple disciplines.
“Following the central foundation of TED and ideas worth spreading, TEDxBerkleeValencia will provide the stage for high profile speakers and creative minds to share how they are paving the way for new trends and alternative perspectives in their various disciplines and the forum to develop some exciting and interesting discussion and debate on current topics,” explained Emilien Moyon, Director of the master’s program in Global Entertainment and Music Business at Berklee’s Valencia campus.
Guest speakers at TEDxBerkleeValencia 2015, include:
- Ashley Graham (Internationally-recognized American plus-sized model and body activist)
- Neil Harbisson (British-born contemporary artist and cyborg activist, renowned for his “eyeborg” device which renders colour into audible frequencies, overcoming his colour-blindness)
- Karen Korellis Reuther (American Creative Director and Brand Psychologist; Creative Contributor, Pantone; and former Global Creative Director, Nike)
- Koen Suidgeest (Dutch Director, writer, producer and cinematographer - recently acclaimed for the award-winning Karla’s Arrival - broadcast in 14 countries and competing in 40 festivals)
- Damian Draghici (Senator in the Romanian Parliament and advisor to the Prime Minister on Roma issues)
- Shain Shapiro (Canadian-born Founder and Managing Director of Sound Diplomacy)
- Alán Hensley (Mexican-born graduate student, master’s program in Global Entertainment and Music Business, Berklee College of Music, Valencia campus)
- Liz Teutsch (Assistant Director of Academic Technology and Associate Professor of the master’s program in Music Production, Technology and Innovation, Berklee College of Music, Valencia campus)
- McKenna Smith (American-born graduate student, master’s program in Scoring for Film, Television and Video Games, Berklee College of Music, Valencia campus)
- Kathleen Howland (Speech Language Pathologist and Professor Music Therapy, Berklee College of Music)
TEDxBerkleeValencia will be hosted this year by the Oceanogràfic, located in Valencia’s City of Arts and Sciences. Europe’s largest aquarium - and containing representatives of the world’s main marine ecosystems - it provides the ideal setting to celebrate: Changing Currents and all that it entails.
“The City of Arts and Sciences creates constantly inspiring experiences to provoke creativity and curiosity in its visitors,” commented Henar Molinero, Director General, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. “Through our partnership with TEDxBerkleeValencia, L’Oceanogràfic moves ahead of its time to identify the present and future societal tendencies in fields like music, design, environment, technology and fashion. The best way to know the future is to help to create it and this event will do just that!”
Berklee students and faculty will also participate through live musical performances. Event sponsors include Ale Hop and Barceló.
Tickets for the event are available here and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of early-bird tickets are available at the discounted price of 20 Euros until April 12 and will increase to 25 Euros.
Doors will open at 13:30. Please be sure to arrive well before the start of the show (15:00) to check in.