International Career Center
The mission of the International Career Center is to provide expert guidance, cutting-edge resources, and professional development experiences to a diverse student body for the achievement of students’ music career goals. Our overall focus is on music career management rather than a one-time job link, helping students access resources and activities that are available and applying them to their own individual career paths.
In partnership with the industry, the International Career Center will maintain existing relationships and develop new ones with a significant base of recruiters who have an ongoing interest in the employment potential and careers of Berklee students and alumni.
In partnership with alumni, the International Career Center will develop informational and experiential networks that involve them as resources in support of the career development of students.
In partnership with students, the International Career Center will facilitate lifelong career development through self-awareness, career exploration, career decision-making, and the implementation of career choices.
College is a life-changing experience. The transition from being a student to becoming a music professional is fraught with uncertainty. To help this transition, Berklee in Valencia has created the International Career Center, the first career center of its kind within the music industry.
We invite you to learn more about how the International Career Center can help you to achieve your music career goals.
The International Career Center staff provides one-on-one career guidance to help students:
- Explore music career options
- Develop clear future goals
- Support the self-assessment process
- Clarify the interest inventory and values
- Develop CVs, cover letter, press kit, and portfolios
- Use the internet for career visibility
- Create personal brand and self-promote
- Develop performance booking strategies
- Delineate job search strategies
- Perform mock interviews and negotiation strategies
- Relocate to a new city
- Deliver music marketing and promotional tips
- Make an entrepreneurial business plan
Career Seminars and Workshops
Every fall and spring semester the International Career Center hosts several programs and events aimed at promoting the advancement of careers in music, including presentations from industry professionals, and workshops on resume and portfolio preparation, interview strategies, publicity and promotion, networking, and much more.
The International Career Center Library has a myriad of online resources prepared to help students support their job search process. Resources include online periodicals, subscription-based reference directories, and materials created by the International Career Center, to name a few.
Berklee College of Music’s mission is to educate, train, and develop students to excel in music as a career. With a commitment to quality and maintaining contemporary music leadership, Berklee has become the world’s singular learning lab for the music of today and tomorrow, attracting and producing the best and the brightest new talent for the global music industry.
The International Career Center (ICC) offers a professional collaborative service to any partner within the music industry. The ICC acknowledges the unique needs and hiring processes within the music industry, and aims to meet those needs by helping fulfill both internship and full time recruiting requirements.
The ICC is delighted to present the master students who will be available for full time corporate internships and projects from mid May.
Having brought together the most diverse and globally minded music students within the composition, performing and business fields, all of our master programs are designed to introduce students to the globalization of the music industry while developing the necessary international mindset, practical skills and competences required to become successful global music leaders. Internships in partnership with Berklee College of Music provide not only an additional creative resource, but the ICC support, dedicated to assisting the entire internship process.
The ICC is able to provide flexible and tailored recruitment services in line with today’s business requirements. We look forward to developing partnerships and helping your company meet its music recruitment needs.
Why select a Berklee master’s student for an internship?
Berklee selects the most diverse and globally minded master’s students within the global community to partake in our new and innovative one year master’s programs. Each program is designed to expose students to the globalization of the music industry while developing a required international mindset, practical skills, and competencies necessary to become successful global music leaders. Berklee master’s students represent an important source of musical and business talent for your organization.
How does a Berklee internship work?
Berklee College of Music’s master’s students are available for internships and full-time positions starting mid May. They are well-prepared, motivated, and ready to add value to your organization. Internships are a fundamental part of our master’s program and designed to provide a culminating real world experience that complements both the employer and the student. The internship should have a minimum duration of 4 weeks and it covers important educational requirements needed for awarding final credits towards the students master’s degree.
The ICC team provides advice and assistance to music recruiters throughout the selection process. We are committed to working closely with you to find the most appropriate recruiting approach, matching your organization’s own requirements.
The process consists of three easy steps:
- Contact ICC: The ICC is available throughout the year to receive or assist in creating internship and/or job opportunities, which will be directly and exclusively shared with our master’s students. Companies will be required to submit the internship description and a desired student profile to the ICC.
- Selection process: The ICC is committed to working closely with you to find the most suitable candidates that matches your organization’s requirements.
- Internship agreement: Once the candidate has been selected, in order to begin the internship, the company, the student and Berklee College of Music, would need to sign a learning agreement that reflects the internship terms and conditions.
Other ways to get involved with the Berklee community
The ICC can arrange tailored recruiting events on campus to provide students with insights into specific music specializations, careers or bespoked companies. These events enable you to promote your brand on campus, as well as meet Berklee students on a more formal basis.
- Company information sessions: Providing a direct glimpse into your company’s activities, mission and future expansion plans, company information sessions are the best way to communicate directly to students, while allowing you to market and brand your company to future Berklee graduates. Usually, company information sessions last one hour and can be organized in the fall or spring semesters.
- Clinics: These usually take the form of discussions with master’s students about the music industry, career options or specialized jobs. The ICC invites members of industry and asks them to share their professional experiences.
- Allow Berklee students to test your emerging technology: If you are developing new music technologies and need someone to test it, Berklee master’s students represent the best avenue to obtain excellent feedback for market suitability.
The ICC provides a range of services to help companies fulfill their recruiting objectives. We are committed to working closely with you to find the most appropriate recruiting approach, matching your organization’s own requirements. For more information, email