Assistant Professor, Production Manager
Back in the day many engineers and producers ensured their success by being very secretive with knowledge and keeping it to themselves. I think that times have changed and today more than ever, sharing knowledge and experience is one of the keys to professional success.
Decision-making and problem solving are required at every step of most creative endeavors. I have been fortunate enough to be mentored by many great people, and as they did with me, I strive to guide students through a journey of self-discovery and development of critical thinking.
Music technology is ever evolving and it empowers individuals to achieve more on their own, but also tends to make collaboration opportunities less evident. As a teacher it is also my goal to encourage students to cultivate people skills and excel in the art of collaboration.
- Gael is a Latin Grammy winning engineer music producer, business entrepreneur and educator.
- Being franco-mexican, having traveled around the world, and speaking five languages (English, Spanish, Italian, French and Japanese) has allowed him to bring cultural diversity into his work.
- After being in bands and performing piano and saxophone during his high school years, he went on to graduate Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Music Production and Engineering from Berklee College of Music in 2005 in Boston MA.
- During his college years, he got diverse real world experience as main recording engineer (string ensembles) for the Berlin Staatsoper Ballet, as artist representative for Latin Grammy-winning group Caribbean Jazz Project at the 2003 Riviera Maya Jazz Festival, as concert manager for Heavy Rotation Records, and live engineer for numerous concerts at the Berklee Performance Center. During this formative period, he collaborated with a number of renowned artists including Chick Corea, Pat Metheney, Esperanza Spalding and John Blackwell.
- As a freelance producer, songwriter and sound engineer, his collaborations include engineer/producer Pablo Munguia (Celine Dion, Super Bowl), mexican pop artist Yahir, opera pop duo Ryan Dan, mexican mariachi singers Pepe Aguilar, Aida Cuevas and Marisela, well known songwriters/producers Steve Anderson (Kylie Minogue) and Lisa Green (Britney Spears) among many others. Corporate clients include Warner Latino, IM Records, Westlake Studios, Universal Music, Mc Donald's, Burger King, Trans Perfect, Samsung.
- In 2008, Mr. Hedding built Sandia Sound Studio (Cancun Mexico) where he continues to offer a full array of services in music production and sound recording.
- In November 2010, Mr. Hedding was awarded with a Latin Grammy for sound engineering on Aida Cuevas's "De Corazon a Corazon Mariachi Tango" (Best Tango Album).
- Since 2011 Mr. Hedding started performing with his live electronic music duo, Aerophonik, co-created with French DJ Mickael Rolao.
- Gael is currently the Production Manager at Berklee College of Music, Valencia Campus and also serves as a faculty member lecturing in subjects of music production, sound recording techniques and live sound.