Coming to Berklee’s Valencia campus from Boston in November of 2012 I had no idea what to expect. I had heard all of the conversations, seen all the photos of the construction and formed my own opinion of what it might be like, but that being said, nothing could have prepared me for what was in store. From the moment I stepped thorough the front door I was in awe. Not only with the beauty of the campus or the intensity of the technology, but with the warmth and enthusiasm of all the staff and faculty. Originally I was sent here from Boston for what was supposed to be two weeks. Two weeks turned into two months, two months turned into a year and I am still here today.
Having worked in many areas of music and music technology over the years from performing, composing, studio recording, live sound reinforcement, studio maintenance and design, Berklee’s Valencia Campus is the one place I have found that allows me to put all of these skill to use under one roof, not only as an engineer but more importantly as an educator. From focused class work to one on one tutoring in our state of the art recording studio’s, the interaction with the students has been more than rewarding. I truly believe that this is what is most special about Berklee Valencia. The intimacy of the campus, the access to technology and the focused attention that each student receives is invaluable.
Having this opportunity to come to work every day, interact with an incredibly diverse group of students and share ideas with my colleagues is truly an extraordinary experience.
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
- Live sound engineer: P.H. Productions, First Church of Christ Scientists, Berklee College of Music.
- Studio Technician: Berklee College of Music, Center for Digital Imaging Arts – Boston University
- Location Recoring Engineer: Berklee College of Music – Beantown Jazz Festival, Newport Jazz Festival, Freihofer’s Saratoga Springs Jazz Festival
- Enjoyed the pleasure of working with “Lettuce”, “Lee “Scratch” Perry”, “Donna De Lory” and many others